Monday, June 17, 2013

OOTB WebCenter Portal Multilingual Support on Chinese/Thai Language

According to the Oracle document, WebCenter Spaces provides out-of-the-box translations for 27 languages and 100 different locales. These 27 languages are available after the WebCenter installation and no additional developments/configurations are needed.

There are two ways to see the translated WebCenter Space. One is via the provided language changer UI on the Space page header. The other is via the browser locale setting.

For the WebCenter framework application, the 27 languages are also available for those build-in services and features.Since the framework application doesn't have the out-of-the-box language changer UI but you can always set your preferred locale in your client browser.

For example, here is a snapshot of the admin page of a WebCenter framework application displaying in English language.

Now I change my preferred browser display language to Spanish (ES).

Refresh the portal page and I can get it displaying in Spanish.

Again I change my preferred language to Chinese (zh-cn). Refresh the portal page and now I can get it like the following. The page is still displaying in English.

It looks to me is an Oracle bug, simply because all other languages can display fine except for this one. But a quick fix on the issue is to add the following to the faces-config.xml of your framework application:



After adding the above, redeploy your application and you should be able to get the Chinese language working fine.

Except Chinese language, Thai is also another one which is not working automatically. But it can be fixed by adding the following to the faces-config.xml as well.


If you found there is another language not automatically changed after you change the browser language setting, it should also be fixed by adding the supported-locale tag into the faces-config.xml

1 comment:

Neenu George said...

I am Using Jdev 12.1.3. I have an issue in adf multi language support. Followed this blog….
The requirement is the application should support Arabic Language. In the above blog they have use database for translation For that i have created two .properties file(one for English that's default language and second one Arabic). But its not working. I want to know how the file is linked with the application and how to access that bundle file in the application